"This recipe is the definition of versatility - if the weather's mild,
use the grill outside to prepare this appetizer. In colder months, use your oven instead.
The amount of ingredients for this recipe can be scaled back or multiplied to accommodate
any range of party guests. You can also alter the amount of most of the ingredients according
to your personal preference. You'll enjoy this variation on regular old bruschetta appetizers!"
SERVES 6 to 8
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/4 cups Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil, chopped
- 1 (1 pound) loaf focaccia bread, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil /li>
- Place the chicken and 1 cup salad dressing in a bowl. Cover, and marinate at least 3 hours in the
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard dressing used for marinating, and grill chicken 7 minutes per side,
or until juices run clear. Cool and shred.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked chicken, spinach, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and remaining
- Brush the focaccia bread with olive oil, and cook 1 minute per side on the prepared grill, or until
lightly toasted. Place portions of the chicken mixture on the toasted focaccia to serve.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes
information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time,
ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.